In just 30 minutes a day, you can outthink the competition. Thinking specifically about something is regularly interrupted or delayed because of “everything else” that has to get done. The outcome; dedicated thought to a specific topic such as understanding a problem, challenge or advancing performance rarely occurs on a regular basis. It’s much more of a reactionary task than a planned discipline.
There’s no quick fix to performance improvement and that’s why 30 minutes of planned thought every day will have you outthinking the competition. Here are five steps to thinking your way to better business or sales performance.
- Close the door – You can’t think with distractions. Pick a place where you won’t be interrupted.
- Get the right frame of mind – You must believe that better performance is possible. Clear the clutter and distraction.
- Pick a single topic – Our minds wander. Set your focus on one thing for 30 minutes
- Capture your thoughts – This isn’t an abstract exercise. Write down the first five to seven things that come to mind.
- Take action – Pick the three most important thoughts from your list and explore and act on them within the next seven days.
Make thinking a 30-minute daily discipline and you’ll be well on your way to the flow of ideas needed for better business or sales performance.